The Cloud Chaser vest is a design I’ve been dreaming of for years. Delicately cabled. Dramatically draped.
The back features full cables, knit from hem to neck. The fronts are knit side to side, with a single cable detail near the edge. But the collar is the highlight here; wide and cabled and framing the neckline perfectly.
This seasonless layer is great over tanks, tees, or long sleeves. Equally great with jeans or even something more dressy, it’s the perfect wardrobe extender.
S[M, L, XL, 2X]
34[38, 42, 46, 50] inch chest
16[16, 16, 17, 18] inch back length
20 sts and 30 rows to 4 inches using US 4/3.5 mm needles in stockinette stitch after blocking
900[1100, 1250, 1400, 1550] yards DK weight yarn
Shown in Lorna’s Laces Honor (70% Alpaca, 30% Silk, 275 yards / 100g)
US 4 / 3.5mm needles, straight or circular, OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
US 4 / 3.5mm circular needle, 36” or longer, for picking up sts
US 3 / 3.25mm needles, straight or circular
US 3 / 3.25mm needles, 16” circular
stitch holders or scrap yarn
Update – the pattern, version 1.0, states that the back is worked from top to bottom. That’s incorrect. It’s worked from bottom to top neck. The instructions for shaping the armholes and working all the cables are correct.
Updated Chart B to maintain reverse stockinette section at center of Row 10.
The instructions for working the back decreases should read:
On next RS row, work to the end of the first Cable Chart A, p1, p2tog, continue to 3 sts before the next Cable Chart A, p2tog, p1, work to end.
Also, the instructions at the end of page 2 should say “until back measures 16[16, 16, 17, 18] inches” instead of “until back measures 16[16, 16, 17, 18] sts”.
NEW! Written instructions are now available for the Cable Charts. You can also download them using this link.
- Gaknitter's GaKnitter's Cloud Chaser
- maykathryn's Cloud Chaser for Mom
- rabbit7's Ann's Cloud Chaser Vest
- goldpup's Cloud chaser for Rene
- patricia-co's cloud chaser vest
- Jenizall's Cloud Chaser
- yarnandflowers' Cloud Chaser
- pmgirl's Cloud Chaser KAL
- kelee's Gold lining
- lollipolluza's Therapy Cloud Chaser
- lollipolluza's Malabrigo Cloud Chaser
- BobbyCB's cloud chaser
- kentuckyknitter's Blue Sky Cloud Chaser
- LiveAndLetKnit's Cloud Chaser
- smiling's Vest for Friend
- knittybarb's Cloud Chaser
- knittiotsavant's Sesame Street song vest
- ErikaShmerika's Cloud Chaser
- freddygirl's cloud chaser
- fiberhound1's Cloud Chaser
- pennsylvanian's Peggy's Cardi
- knittinwolf's Cloud Chaser
- vivisews' seagrass vestment
- LuckyZebra's Cloud Chaser
- marysunshine2's Cloud chaser
To see more projects and information about Cloud Chaser, visit Ravelry.