“Don’t you have an Elsewhere to be?”
Kim reminded me of this great quote (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) when tasked with renaming this design, known (to me, at least) by another name for nearly a year. Over four dozen suggestions came in, and Elsewhere seemed to stick, both in my memory and as befitting the essence of the design; carefree, effortless, and a little bit inspired by wanderlust.Periodic purl bumps add textural interest, and highlight the diagonal front panels. This jacket is incredibly versatile. Wear it open and swingy, or cross over your middle and fasten with a shawl pin or button.
Throughout this pattern, you’ll be picking up lots of stitches. Instead of giving concrete numbers of stitches to pick up, I generally suggest 2 sts for every 3 rows at this gauge. This way, you can pick up what looks good rather than worrying about hitting a particular number. Differences of a few stitches won’t have any impact on your finished jacket.
S(M, L, XL, 2X)
Finished Chest Measurement:
34(38, 42, 46, 50) inches chest circumference.
15 sts and 24 rows to 4 inches using US 8/5.00mm needles in stockinette stitch
Aran or Heavy Worsted Weight Yarn, approximately 800(875, 950, 1100, 1400) yards.
Shown in Manos Del Urugay, Agate
US 8/5mm 32” circular needles
US 8/5mm dpns
Stitch markers and Yarn needle
- itry's elsewhere
- veraundjoe's Pommernelse
- prairiegirlknits' Nics Elsewhere
- ambermoggie's blue
- njeanneb's My Purple Beauty
- KarenLC's Elsewhere
- br8kfree's On the road to elsewhere
- sarasays' Deep Red Elsewhere
- Lob's Elsewhere
- LinLin77's Elsewhere for shop
- revknitter2's Elsewhere
- ambermoggie's rainbows for a rainy day
- delphimom's Elsewhere
- maria22's Elsewhere
- tiverknitter's Elsewhere
- perseph43's Purple Cardigan
- jennybee26's Jenny's Elsewhere
- Corntea's Elsewhere and Everywhere
- lucyann's Elsewhere
- ambermoggie's Winter's fire Elsewhere
- dgilleesmith2's Elsewhere
- Fibreista's hobbescat's elsewhere
- Psst's Elsewhere in Noviembre
- Emily's Here
- Monastrickt's I'm knitting Elsewhere
To see more projects and information about Elsewhere, visit Ravelry.