When my best and oldest friend was getting near to delivering her first child, I went through a fit of startitis. I had more ideas for this special baby than I could possibly have time to knit, and sadly, none of them were good or special enough.
Until I cast on for this blanket.
I’d been inspired by the request to knit with bright but gender neutral colors. “No pastels”, I was commanded. When I saw these four citrusy colours in the LYS, I knew immediately I’d have to do stripes in a unique way.
This blanket is knit modularly, using provisional cast on stitches to join and shape four triangles. It’s fully reversible, even without need for a fabric backing. It’s finished with knit on borders, and will soon become a treasured item for the special little one in your life.
36 inch square
16 sts and 40 rows to 4 inches using US 8/5 mm needles in garter stitch
Approximately 325 yards each in 4 colours of aran weight yarn.
Shown in Tanis Fiber Arts Green Label Aran, Peacock, Lemongrass, Buttercup, and Orange Blossom, 2 skeins each.
5mm 32 inch circular needles, or size to obtain gauge
scrap yarn in a smooth, contrasting color
5mm crochet hook for provisional cast ons
- Piksteri's Munchkin
- J0yfullb78's Baby blanket
- libraritarian's Muncha! Muncha! Muncha!
- smitcat's Munchkin Blanket
- knarlyknitter's Black and Red Blanket
- stitchyalli's Munchkin Blanket
- morforfo's Munchkin Blanket
- cadburyskeeper's Munchkin Blanket
- grammaruthie's Munchkin Blanket #3
- ImaginaryGirl's Munchkin Blanket
- grammaruthie's Munchkin Blanket #2
- grammaruthie's Munchkin Blanket
- tahoegurl's munchkin blanket
- cathyinidaho's Munchkin Blanket for Lisa
- Ninaclock145's Secret Munchkin Blanket
- iowashley's Munchkin Blanket 3
- Margalioth's Munchkin Blankie
- texaspurlgurl's Educational Blanket
- magooken's Munchkin Blanket
- CelKnits' Munchkin Blanket
- knittertoo's Baby Brown Blanket
- sgraces' Brights for J & J's baby brother
- VitaminPink's Violet's Munchkin Blanket
- kjirstiben's Munchkin Blanket
- Nessadawn123's Nephew or Niece Blanket
To see more projects and information about Munchkin Blanket, visit Ravelry.