This lightweight city-friendly vest is the perfect weight for all-seasons layering. Ideal over a tee or even layered with a long sleeved dress shirt for a polished and classic work look.
Knit in one piece from the bottom up, Urbanity features a wide ribbed v-shaped neckline, cuffs, and hem. Shown in a wool/bamboo handpainted yarn, it would be equally stunning in any light worsted wool, cotton, or silk, knit a little on the loose side for maximum drape.
This classic shape provides for an easy but fun garment project – great for newer knitters!
For the best fit, select a size 2-4 inches smaller than your actual bust measurement.
XS(S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X)
Finished Chest Measurement:
32(34.5, 37, 39, 41.5, 43, 45) inches
Light Worsted yarn, approximately 500(550, 600, 650, 725, 800, 900)yards.
Shown in Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Woobu, color Grawk
US7/4.5mm 32” circular needles, or size to obtain proper gauge.
US6/4mm 32” circular needles
US6/4mm 16” circular needles
20 sts and 28 rows to 4 inches using US 7/4.5mm needles in stockinette stitch after blocking.
- Iknarf's U is for Urbanity
- StereoKnits' Ashes Urbanity
- Knitting-Siamese's Urbanity Vest
- Jadielady's Vest
- svancott's Urbanity vest
- lakata's Why bother with arm shaping: The Vest
- Knittinginthedark's Urbanity
- cindylouvt's Fiskars Orange
- shelleybean's One Week before Christmas Vest
- StephanieJMahoney's Vest
- Brandilyne's Wes Needs a Sweater!
- fey's (oh the) urbanity
- elizabethcarls' Urbanity Vest
- hotbettie's sweater vest
- jsample's Julie's urbanity vest
- indigirl's Urbanity Vest
To see more projects and information about Urbanity, visit Ravelry.