Summer nights in Canada are treasured after a long winter or wet (or snowy) Spring. Patios are full with happy diners, even on cool nights where it’s necessary to bundle up a little. It’s the power of wishful weather, the same impulse that causes us to shed our winter coats on the first sunny day above zero.
This shawl design epitomizes summer. Full of wisteria-blossom motifs and edged in a delicate vine, it’s the kind of light and seasonally-appropriate wrap that I’ll use when meeting up with friends for a glass of wine on a mild Saturday night in Toronto.
This pattern was originally distributed as part of a limited-edition kit for the 2009 Year of Lace.
54 inches across long edge, 24 inches tall at point.
70 inches across long edge, 35 inches tall at point.
Approximately 1,000 yards lace-weight yarn
Shown in a custom color from Zen Yarn Garden
US 2.5 / 2.75mm circular needles, 32”, and one dpn OR SIZE NEEDED TO OBTAIN GAUGE
4 stitch markers
- oddstitch's North and South Wisteria
- wriggle's Wisteria Shawl - Year of Lace
- schoolbusmama's wisteria
- fireboysgirl's Wisteria Garden Shawl
- knitdisturber's Wisteria Garden Shawl
- GeekKnitter's Wisteria Garden Shawl
- erikamd's Wisteria Shawl
- jk-knits' Wisteria Garden Shawl
- miekes' wisteria wrap
- breikat's Wisteria Garden Shawl
- kdcatz's YOL Wisteria Shawl June 2009
- KnittingAmazon's Wisteria Garden Shawl
- goodgrieflucy's wisteria shawl
- AmyE's Pink YOL Shawl
- dpalme's Wisteria Shawl
- DizzySpinster's Wisteria Garden Shawl - YOL June 2009
- knitsaddict's Alaska Wisteria garden
- Tempe's Wisteria garden
- DeirdreKnits' Wisteria Garden Shawl
- indigirl's Summery Shawl
To see more projects and information about wisteria garden, visit Ravelry.